Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hi.

My name is Josh Thomas i'm from New Zealand and i'll be spending a year going to school in Italy if all goes to plan. I've just recieved a letter from AFS confirming my placement in Italy though there are still a few problems with my age which will hopefully be overlooked by AFS Italy. I'm supposed to be no older than 17.9 years old on departure (Don't ask why it's 17.9 i have no idea) and i'll be a little bit older since i'd be leaving in September and my 18th birthday is in october. I'll update this blog with developments like getting a host family etc. and then when i leave for Italy i'll use this blog to update family and friends on what's going on in Italy. I've still got like 9 months until i leave so time to either father a child or raise the 11 grand i need to make the trip. I think i'll go with the latter. So yea. That's all for now. I doubt anyone will actually read this till i leave but still i'm going to write about the lead up in case anyones interested in doing an AFS exchange themselves.

PS. Before you ask no i don't speak Italian. That's gonna be something i'll need to work on.
Chur

No comments:

Post a Comment